Sunday, June 17, 2012

I am Food!!


This blog started over 9 months ago with the intent of contributing at least a couple of times of month. That didn’t happen…at all! I wrote four posts in one month and left the blog world. I thought this was easy stuff to handle. Nope, not one bit. I bow down to all the bloggers who have dedicated themselves to their blogs. It takes time and dedication. Two things I now realize I didn’t have when I started this blog.  I also want to apologize to my 1 follower for building them with high expectations for the greatest blog ever. And then leaving them hanging in blog land. How is she? Did she start a search party? Is she eating ok? Have no fear my soldier…I’m back! You can now breathe and live your life to full capacity now. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Now, I began this blog about my entrepreneurial journey with True Flavor and I can tell you that it has been a journey. Initially when I came up with the idea for True Flavor I was going to specialize in burgers only. I had planned on preparing, freezing and selling them to the public. My burgers are grand and I was ready for production. Then one day I was watching the most important network on television…Food Network. I said to myself…”Self you can make that and people will pay and your food will have so much more flavor. Screw burgers, well I’ll still make them but screw the fact that’s the only thing I was going to sell.” Well that episode of deep frying Oreos, Twinkies and pizza changed my life. Ok, maybe it wasn’t deep frying food but it was about people starting small and finishing big. Starting with one meal or batch of cookies and then starting their own business. I realized I was more than a burger…I was food! I know I'm really into this thing when I make a statement like that. "I am Food!” That's some powerful stuff right there...I mean I didn't say I am woman! I said I am food! So, if I'm food what would I be...Hmmmm...Chips and Salsa!!! I love them o.k. maybe not chips and salsa. Hmmmmm...NY Strip! Of course I'm from NY and I use to....lol...I never stripped a day in my life. Ok back to the story because I totally got sidetracked.  So, at that point I decided I would sell my food not just burgers. However, I didn’t convince myself enough in the beginning. I knew I wasn’t going to open a restaurant so that was out of the picture. What could I do? How am I going to do it? The research began on food trucks but it just wasn’t feasible to start off with. I ran across the American Private & Personal Chef Association. There was music and a choir singing as soon as I perused the site. Actually there was a commercial on TV about a gospel show. I actually thought the site was singing to me...oh well. I said…”This was it!” I could be a Private or Personal Chef and it could be the gateway into this sector of the world. So, in February True Flavor officially became an LLC. I also hired a graphic designer and got a logo. As much as I wanted to use the makealogothatsomeonemayhave.com which would cost like 9.95 I went the professional route. Although, I don’t have a client or certified yet these things will come. I’m actively working on both. I have to market myself and that’s another reason I’m back on the blog. I promise promise promise I will be loyal and dedicated to this blog. I want to tell you about my journey. I want you to be a part of it. SO WORLD HERE I COME!!!!!! That was kind of loud when it’s just one person following me. Let me try again. Ok loyal follower I’m back and you can drop the suit against me for pain and suffering. I’m all yours again J

No comments:

Post a Comment