Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happiness is....

Happiness is...walking into a supermarket and bringing all those wonderful ingredients into my kitchen. I realized this a few days ago after having a crappy day at work. Side note: I’m not working in the food business in any aspect at this time. I work in the exciting world of insurance…*smiling hard because it pays the bills*. Back to my crappy day or should I say on to my happiness.

It was one of those days where you wake up and you don’t even want to go in. You’re thinking what excuse can I use to call in…pipes busted, gotta take the dog to the vet, just got a call to save a small Indigenous tribe in Australia.  One of those days! So, of course the day just got worse while I was there. Eight hours later I quit, I have written down all the names of people who I will stalk & kill and finally I blow up my building. All of these things occurred in my head of course. Well, I finally leave and drive home.  I had that scrunchy, tense eye thing going on and I cursed out all the bad drivers on the way. I ran over something or someone but I didn’t hear any screams. So, it probably wasn’t that bad. But then I pulled into the parking lot and entered my local supermarket.

As soon as I walked in I started picking out my produce. I felt an ease instantly come over me. No more tense face, I was finding everything I needed, my mind was focused on my stuffed flank steak and basil was even there chillin. I completed my shopping and darted home to get into my kitchen. I felt so good! I forgot that I had previously blown up my job and killed several people. I wasn’t in that mood at all anymore. I once again realized that happiness is living my dream and absorbing myself in my passion. So, if you’ve had that bad day at your 9-5 make sure when you leave that you do something you enjoy. Absorb yourself in your passion. Get on your computer and figure out how you’re going to start your business. Pick up the paintbrush you haven’t touched in months. Start on that book you’ve always wanted to write. Whatever it is just do it! I promise you it will change your day and bring your happiness.  And you don't even have to put any bodies in the trunk. Dang, which reminds me….

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment