Sunday, September 4, 2011

No animals were harmed while writing this post



Today I received emails from three different farms and I was filled with absolute joy! The thought of that joy just tickles me to death. Never in my life did I think I would be elated over communication with farms. I sure didn’t think I would be running my mouth about it all day. You see I’m originally from the Bronx and I can’t say I talked about cattle or steer. Now, I just get on the computer and peruse the Department of Agriculture for all the farms in my area. Ahhh...change is such a wonderful thing.

Right now I have 3 farms to choose from for my upcoming Tasting Party. I am extremely excited about my options. Choosing a farm is not just about those lovely pics of the cows looking at me but their practices.  Each farmer took the time to explain how many steer they had in their herd, what they’re being fed and their living arrangements. It’s a shame when they say “they get plenty of sunlight, drink plenty of water and roam free”. Aren’t animals on a farm supposed to do these things?? Unfortunately in factory farming these things don’t happen. Animals are raised in large scale operations and treated with hormones and antibiotics. Sadly these animals usually live shorter, painful lives and produce lower quality food. So, I’ll take the cows behind door number one.  

My next step is purchasing some delectable beef for my amazingly flavorful burgers. These burgers are going to be full of flavor and just so juicy. OMG my mouth just watered…I’m sorry…just wipe that off your screen. I’ll also be visiting these farms so I can verify that these lovely facts, pictures and testimonials are valid. You know farm raised farmers really enjoy what they’re doing and take pride with their product. Factory farms are completely in it for the profit and could care less if they kick a chicken or two while feeding them. I’m not trying to bash the other side I just want to make people aware of the difference. Most of my life I didn’t think twice about where my food came from. I just knew where it was going…right in my belly. I didn’t care if thousands of animals where on top of each other and couldn’t see the sun on a daily basis.  I knew I was about to have a steak and baked potato and I was going to be full. We live and learn. My goal with True Flavor is not about making millions of dollars. It’s about making a product that is healthy and delicious for you and your families to enjoy. I want you to be excited when you taste the difference just like I was the first time. Then I’ll take the million dollars J

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment