Friday, September 2, 2011

My First Post

I'm so excited about sharing my journey on starting my business with the world!! And if the world doesn't show up at least I know my mother will read this. So, here it goes…do most people say that? Ok, let’s try this…let’s start the journey….

Almost two years ago I started cooking more in my kitchen instead of on my lovely grill. Now, this wasn’t a bad thing for me but a little new so to speak. You see I’m a grill master and I did most of my cooking on that grill. I would cook inside a few times and had a few “signature” dishes I would brag about. But my heart was on that grill. But I decided to cook more meals inside. It started becoming more of a joy to cook on the stove and my meals were pretty darn good. Then I saw a documentary called Food Inc and it changed my eating life. I was taken aback at what I had just witnessed. It was amazing to find out what I was eating and what I was feeding my kids. So as a family we made a conscience decision to make changes on what we were putting in our bodies. I then experienced the supermarket of all supermarkets…Trader Joe’s. I was in food heaven. It was great and so enlightening that I could buy food and it didn’t have 75 ingredients listed. Now, I was never a label reader but after I watched that doc I started to briefly look at the amount of ingredients that was in my food. I didn’t know you needed a hundred things just to make cheese, apple juice or a green pepper…ok maybe not the green pepper. But have you seen the size of a green pepper? So, organic and all natural food became my life. The flavor was amazing! I mean my taste buds were like what is this pleasure happening in my mouth right now.

Now two years later I’m still cooking up a storm and loving it! I’ve cooked countless dishes that have a flavor just to die for. And of course I’ve made them both on the grill and on the stove. I decided to go back to school to become a Chef and now start my own business. I’ve finally found my passion and that is to cook. Not only cook but cook with fresh ingredients that just burst with flavor. Now I want to share what I’ve made for my family with the world. If the world decides not to hop on this food bandwagon you know who will be my number one customer (mom).  I’m ready to go all out and give this my all. I’m ready to fall and get back up. I’m ready to succeed at this too. I’m also ready to share the entire experience with you. We will be excited together through this journey that is about to take off. Only joy and laughter will be allowed here because there is no crying in cooking. Well, there is when you dice those onions. But besides that this is going to be a positive adventure that I know you will enjoy. Thanks so much for taking this ride with me!

Until next time!

Enjoy your food with True Flavor

As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same - Marianne Williamson


No comments:

Post a Comment