Sunday, November 24, 2013

Farmer's Market....Say What!

In the past few weeks a force has pushed me to a pursue a new venture. I've been non stop and I'm loving it. I'm using any of my free time to research, read and network. As you know I have a 9-5 so I have limited time to work on my passion. I've been lucky this year to pursue one of my dreams of being a Personal Chef. Four years ago I started cooking more and enjoying every moment of it. I never thought I would be at this point. I remember sitting at my desk and trying to figure out how I could live out this passion. I was indulging in Organic food and savoring the true flavor of each bite. Hence, my name was created. I went on Microsoft and searched a menu template and typed in the name of the restaurant...True Flavor. It looked amazing! I was open and pumped. I printed the menu with my name on top but had no items to sell. It didn't matter I just wanted to see the name. I put it right above my computer desk so I can see it everyday. It had this little brain of mine just going and going... but then life happened and it was put to the back burner. It took 3 years for me to get motivated again. I guess I didn't want it bad. I wasn't confident that I could do something with this wonderful food I was making. I second guessed myself quite a bit. Last year I got that push again and in February I became True Flavor, LLC. (Smiling all over again). I have a culinary service so it's not specific to one field. First venture was becoming a Personal Chef...accomplished. Second experience was catering a couple of small parties...accomplished. Third is....it's a secret....it's a big one. I'm open and pumped again. I can't let life put this on the back burner. I'm staying focused and determined. So, as I write this I'm in my local library. As I always say...day off from 9-5 but day on for True Flavor. You have to use your 24 hrs wisely. I have like 15 tabs open right now. "How to ....secret", "Female entrepreneurs", "How to write a business plan for...secret", "Market research for...secret" and YouTube. Got to have my music and my motivation from Eric Thomas.(Look him up he can motivate you to sell rocks for a living and be happy about it.) Last week when I was here I emailed several people and businesses. Well so far 1 out of 325 have responded. Progress. The initial email was about me inquiring about...secret. However, in addition to the information I requested an opportunity arose. My local Farmers Market offered me an opportunity to be the local featured Chef for them. SAY WHAT! I had to read it 37 times to make sure I was reading it correctly. So we emailed each other a few times but I got the phone call today. She explained I would get the produce, meat and seafood from the vendors for me to use at no cost. SAY WHAT!!! I would have a lovely station and I would cook my lovely food, demonstrate cooking techniques and serve up samples. SAY WHAT!!! I haven't got the job officially but I'll find out next week after we have our meeting. I'm very excited and very confident it will be mine. I'll make sure I keep you posted. If the next post has just pictures of me floating in tomatoes, steak and fish you know I got it. The moral of the story boys and girls is stay focused and don't stop pursuing your dreams. I have a motto...Follow the 3P's...Stay Positive, Productive and Persistent. Trust me it works.

Till next time my little basket of vegetables. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know if chefs charge different prices depending on the type of function etc private dinner vs. small wedding reception? Also do the chefs normally purchase the food for the dinner based on your chosen meal selection or does the host purchase the food and the chef simply cook it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jhon, Chefs will definitely charge different prices based on the function. We have to evaluate the time it goes into each event. Chefs will normally purchase the food for any event and prepare as well. That should be included in the pricing.

      Delete