Sunday, December 8, 2013

Upgrade Your Life...Not Just Your Phone

    Asparagus, zucchini, apples, oranges, rib eye, pork loin, chicken breast and shrimp. Repeat. Asparagus, zucchini, apples, oranges, rib eye, pork loin, chicken breast and shrimp. Repeat. Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize where I was at. I thought I was at the FARMER'S MARKET COOKING!!!! WHY AM I AT THE FARMER'S MARKET COOKING? BECAUSE I GOT THE JOB AS THEIR RESIDENT CHEF!!!! WHY AM I YELLING? BECAUSE I'M FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! I think happy is an understatement. I'm feeling supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Yes it's all mine and I'm going to give it my absolute best. It doesn't start until April so I have plenty of time to catch my breath and get this heart rate
down.

    I want you to get excited about your dream. Get to the next level in your life. The level where you constantly see yourself. But to get to the next level you must grind, grind and grind some more. It's not going to fall in your lap. It never just falls out of the sky. You gotta jump up and get it. That means working when you don't want to. That means when you have those few hours to spare you must work on your dream. You must see yourself where you want to be in life. You must be responsible for your actions. Your past is your past. This is the present. Now look to your future! Take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to you. No opportunities wasted. This Farmer's Market gig is not paying me. I knew that when I got the first email. No opportunity wasted. A few hours a month where I'm cooking and someone is providing my ingredients. Why would I complain about money? It's free advertisement for True Flavor. Who knows what can come out of this amazing opportunity. If you're not where you want to be change it. You have to make sacrifices. When I started emailing local businesses I sent out like 325 emails. Well maybe not 325 but it sure felt like it. But I got 2 responses. One was the Farmer's Market and one is from the secret business I can't tell you about just yet. Don't get discouraged. Keep pushing forward. Don't fall back and give up because that door closes. That should motivate you even more. Jack Canfield the author of Chicken Soup for The Soul was denied a couple of times. To be exact...144 times. There are now over 100 million copies in print and in 54 languages worldwide. Take note.

     I know last time I said that if I get this Farmer's Market gig I said I would take a picture with fruit all over me. Well I tried but there were some complications. Something about health department violations and trespassing charges. So I just let it be. I'll figure out a picture to show you.

Until next time...remember...If you can see it you can achieve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment